-
Garland’s 1st Urban Plan, 1937
By Jerry Flook, Garland Historian Published in the Garland-Rowlett Messenger, May 2012 The City Council recently adopted a new comprehensive plan for…
-
A.J. Head Service Station (2018) | 316 Main St.
The Federal Aid Road Act (1916) and the formation of the Texas Highway Department resulted in the creation of Texas…
-
Manuel and Maria Valle Family (2022) | 620 W Avenue C
The Valle family, the first recorded latino family in Garland, lived in a one-story home on West Avenue C. Manuel…
-
Mills Cemetery (2017) | Intersection of Commerce St. and Centerville Rd.
Edward C. Mills and his family were among the first settlers in eastern Dallas County, arriving in 1847, to claim…
-
Railroads in Garland (2023) | 393 N Sixth St.
Due to the area’s productive agricultural opprotunities, rail owners began to take interest in establishing a rail line between Dallas…
-
Roach Feed & Seed Company (2018) | 409 Main St.
-
When Cotton was King
By Jerry Flook, Garland Historian Published in the Garland-Rowlett Messenger, July 2012 Despite the impression which may have been left…
-
Historic “Lyles” House Now Facing The Bulldozer
Heritage Park being dismantled for the Oaks development By: Jerry Flook, Garland Historian Published in the Garland-Rowlett Messenger, March 2013…
-
Rose Hill: Garland’s Ghost Community
By: Jerry Flook, Garland Historian Published in the Garland-Rowlett Messenger, February 2012 In what is now South Garland, about a…





