Constructed in 1901 by the Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railroad, and designed by a railroad systems engineer. Replaced an earlier depot built when the city of Garland was founded in 1888. No exterior alterations were made, and only a waiting room partition and restroom facilities were added inside. Served in early years as a shipping point for farm produce. Moved here from its original site (150 yards SW) in 1972 by the city of Garland as a Landmark Museum.