Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts to preserve Garland's history by donating here:

Amount:
 USD
jayjonead2019.jpg
Schools Sports Entertainment

The red brick schoolhouse was completed for the 1899-1900 term and extensively remodeled in 1912 and 1925. It faced east onto 9th Street in the block between Avenues A and B, hosting instruction from the first through the eleventh grades. Grammar school classes met on the first floor of the building while high school classes occupied the second until the Garland High School campus was completed in 1936. Destroyed by fire in January of 1946, this building was replaced with the present one story structure.

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window