Jaycee Community House

The Jaycee Community House, shown ca. 1960, was a WWII structure moved from Camp Maxey in Paris, TX to present Central Park during 1947.  For $1, with reversion rights, the city assigned 350 sq. ft. of park to the club for the project, estimated to cost $30,000.  Over its Garland tour the building hosted activities from Halloween carnivals to industrial shows, as well as offices for the county tax assessor and 221st Radio Relay Squadron.

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window
Next Image