Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts to preserve Garland's history by donating here:

Amount:
 USD
jayjonead2019.jpg
Garland College

Garland College, located W. of 9th St. between Ave. A & B, was the town’s first school erected after Embree and Duck Creek combined to form Garland. Built by private local subscription in 1890, the school offered courses from primary to post high school levels. This building burned in 1898, but the campus became the nucleus for the Garland ISD when it formed in 1901.

 
Previous Image
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window