Road Vehicles

The Dayton Tricar Chemical was a 3-wheeled, motorized apparatus for fighting smaller fires before they became large ones. Shown in this Library of Congress photo at New York’s Sheepshead Bay Race Track, the 2-seater Tricar boasted a 30-gal. soda-ash tank, ladder and 200 ft. of hose. Garland acquired a Tricar in early 1915 for its volunteer fire department, membership of which included all city officials.

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window