Road Vehicles

John and Mary Isom, early Garland residents, are pictured in their pre-WWI Ford touring car. Wartime supply needs consumed supplies of brass previously used for radiator shells, headlight rims and other automotive embellishments. Brass ornamentation began disappearing during the war, replaced by painted steel, nickel and eventually chrome plating in successive years. The photo was taken in front of the Garland Hotel, which Mr. and Mrs. Isom sold to Mr. and Mrs. Hugh Coomer in the summer of 1915. (GN 9 Jul 1915)

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window