Nelson's Blacksmith Shop worked on automobiles, farm implements and anything else broken or dull. Owner Fay Nelson and his son, P.J. "Pete" Nelson pose ca. 1946 in front of the Model T Ford roadster owned by Nelli and Bud Rogers of Rowlett. The Nelson establishment sat near the northeast corner of State and 5th Streets on the south side of the present Garland City Hall site.