Road Vehicles

U.S. Highway 67 once ran down present Main Street and South Garland Avenue into Dallas. Motorist, such as these shown in a 1936 Ford Club Cabriolet, endured overflows at Rowlett Creek, the Santa Fe crossing and the 6th Street stop light at the southwest corner of the town square. In 1935 federal traffic planners recommended changing the route to its current path at the eastern edge of the city.

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window