DorothyCook, Forest Lane Cafe

Dorothy Cook supervises the 65c plate lunch buffet for diners at Forest Lane Café, which flourished on Forest Ln. near Shiloh Rd. from 1952 through 1980.  From breakfast through lunch each of the café’s 96 chairs typically filled three times daily.  Chilled desserts perched on a commercial ice cream dispenser, a short-term experiment ca. 1960, proved less popular than the home-baked cobblers and pies for which “Cook’s” became notorious.

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window