Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts to preserve Garland's history by donating here:

Amount:
 USD
jayjonead2019.jpg
Peripherals

The Anderson store, once located at the intersection of Rose Hill and Rowlett Roads, served in the 1890's as the post office for the Housley Community, later renamed Rose Hill. Legend has it that the new name originated with Mrs. Elias T. Myers, an early resident and presumably a rose fancier. The store building was demolished in 1974.

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window