Industry

Garland Power & Light workers in this ‘60s image prepare to raise a median light on S. Garland Ave. GP&L has maintained and operated most Garland street lights since its founding in 1924, when the system consisted of four incandescent units around the square. Lights are currently being updated with softer, whiter LED bulbs, which signal headquarters remotely when they burn out.

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window