Manzer house

The Manzer house, a home-grown example of art moderne, shocked locals when it arose in 1941, backed up to the Garland High School campus. Designed and built by local lumberman ‘Hap’ Manzer, who also designed Garland’s new Plaza Theatre the same year, the flat-topped house was later retrofitted with a gable roof. It stands today at 1230 W Ave. A.

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window
Next Image