Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts to preserve Garland's history by donating here:

Amount:
 USD
5thstreet2019.jpg
Downtown

This NW view across the newly paved Garland portion of the Bankhead Highway ca. 1923 captures the square in the year municipal sewer, water and power services debuted.  The clock in the foreground probably hangs on one of four street-light poles set by Texas Power & Light Co. ca. 1915. Few automobiles appear, but the NO PARKING sign suggests that occasionally space was tight.

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window