Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts to preserve Garland's history by donating here:

Amount:
 USD
hillwilkinson.jpg
Downtown

The west side of the square hosted only horse-drawn buggies when this image was made (ca. 1915), the year Texas Power & Light Co. strung electric wires through town. The pole on the corner beside the bank building appears to support one of Garland's four electric street lights, which illuminated the square.

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window