Nicholson Memorial Hall was donated to the city by W. R. Nicholson of Longview in memory of his mother, Missouri A. Nicholson, and his brother, former Garland mayor S. E. Nicholson. Both died of injuries sustained in the cyclone that struck here in May of 1927. Already expanded from its beginnings on the northeast corner of the square in the 1890s as home for the Citizens National Bank, the building was remodeled to house a library on the first floor with city offices and a council chamber upstairs.

Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Close Window