Downtown

Embree's Business District, shown here ca. 1887, lay on either side of Mewshaw St., now Avenue D., between present Glenbrook Dr. and the Santa Fe tracks, where that railroad's first depot appears. Embree and the new Duck Creek township to the north were joined in 1888 with a common post office designated "Garland."

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window