Downtown

The "A&P" Grocery Store opened at the southeast corner of the square in 1926. The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co. was Garland's first national chain grocer, and unlike most of the locally owned stores, they ran a cash-and-carry business. Shown here ca. 1936 are manager P.H. Burleson and employee Barney Nichols.

 
Previous Image
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window