Downtown

Three young women casually stroll north up the middle of 9th St. in the late ‘20s. When the Bankhead Highway was originally routed through Garland in 1919, this stretch of road had carried traffic from Washington, DC to San Diego. The First Methodist Church appears on the right and Garland’s only school building on the left.

 
Previous Image
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window