Ferris Watson Seed

Ferris Watson Seed Company’s headquarters stood N. of the Katy tracks at the intersection of present Glenbrook Dr. and Walnut St.  This southerly aerial view of Garland’s agribusiness district was snapped soon after 1937, when the cotton oil mill facilities were claimed by Craddock Food Mfg. Co., Watson’s malodorous neighbor to the west, known locally as “the pickle factory.”

 
Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Refresh
Close Window