Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts to preserve Garland's history by donating here:

Amount:
 USD
ad-hillwilkinson.jpg

This congregation traces its roots to April 22, 1888, when the Rev. Benjamin Spencer and twenty-five charter members organized a Cumberland Presbyterian congregation. The church served a diverse membership, including farmers, retail business owners, and others. Worship services were held in a variety of locations until the first sanctuary, a one-room frame building, was built on S. Ninth Street in 1901. It was replaced by a brick structure in 1929. This church remains a reminder of Garland's early religious history.